PILCROW is a non-governmental youth organization established in 2020 in Valencia, Spain, which aims at empowering youth. Among our key priorities are: raising young people’s awareness of the aching problems of our world, integration of socially disadvantaged and disabled people, fostering human rights, gender equality and intercultural dialogue. The organization is composed of 6 members of the board and a group of about 15 engaged volunteers, with different topics of interest but united by the idea of creating a space where multiculturality and international experiences play a crucial role.
The team created collaboratively with the volunteers the PILCROW’s mission and manifesto:
- To provide challenging intercultural learning experiences for young people.
- To promote their social and personal development through international volunteer programmes
- To promote intercultural understanding, equality of opportunity, tolerance and peace among people in the world
- To promote vocational education and training for learners and staff
- Justice for all persons who suffer from social, political, economic and personal injustice;
- Break through the barriers between cultures and peoples;
- The principle of equality among cultures, nations and sexes;
- Providing experiences that will encourage international and intercultural understanding;
- Helping participants to become aware of the issues and problems in the local and national community in order to better understand worldwide socio-economic-political issues and concerns;
- Encouraging commitment to act on these understandings, both during the exchange experience and beyond.
- Develop skills among young people for increasing expertise
PILCROW is a member of CONNECT International, a Brussels-based network of organizations formed with a mission to create innovative European projects ensuring mainstreaming digital rights and the digital agenda.